Scope of the policy
This policy applies to TempBridge Commercial Mortgages Inc. and any other affiliates from time to time in respect of activities that are subject to federal and provincial privacy legislation.
This policy addresses personal information about our clients, service providers and other individuals. It does not apply to information collected, used or disclosed with respect to corporate or commercial entities.
1. Upon or before collecting information, TempBridge Commercial Mortgages Inc. will state the purpose of collection, unless the purpose is obvious. We collect, use and disclose personal information only for rendering the services for which you contracted TempBridge Commercial Mortgages Inc. No other use of your personal information will be made by our company and its employees or by an associated or affiliated company.
2. We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where we are authorized or required by law to do so without consent. Your consent can be express, implied or given through an authorized representative such as a lawyer, agent or broker. Consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through inaction or otherwise. You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions, provided that reasonable notice of withdrawal of consent is provided to us. Upon reception of this notice we will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of consent, which may include our inability to provide services for which that information is necessary.
3. We will limit collection of personal information to that which is necessary to provide our services and to that which is authorized or required by law.
4. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate and complete. In some cases, we rely on you to ensure that certain information, such as your address or telephone number, is current, complete and accurate. If you demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information, we will amend the information as required. If appropriate, we will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed.
5. Please note that confidentiality and security are not assured when information is transmitted through e-mail or other electronic communication. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a breach of security and/or confidentiality when you transmit information to us by e-mail or other electronic communication or when we transmit such information by such means at your request.
6. You have a right to access your personal information held by TempBridge Commercial Mortgages Inc. Upon written request and authentication of identity, we will provide you with your personal information under our control. We may charge a reasonable fee for providing information in response to an access request and will provide an estimate of any such fee upon receiving an access to information request. We may require a deposit for all or part of the fee. We will make the information available within 30 days or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfil the request. In some situations, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information. This may be the case where, for example, disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual, disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information that, if disclosed, could harm the competitive position of TempBridge Commercial Mortgages Inc. TempBridge Commercial Mortgages Inc. may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information. Where an access request is refused, we will notify you in writing, document the reasons for refusal and outline further steps which are available to you.